Files can be transferred between the PC to VM, as shown in the figure below. A step-by-step guide of this process is provided in the video tutorial below.
Go to https://labs.FloridaCyberHub.org to connect to your FCH Virtual environment.
Note: This link is also available within your project steps. Your lab environment and applications have already been allocated based on the course(s) you are currently enrolled in.
- If prompted, log in using your FCH student credentials
There are 3 ways of opening Lab Broker:
- Open Lab Broker (in Favorites)
- Open Lab Broker (in Course Labs)
- Open Lab Broker (in APPS)
Lab Broker Environment: If you've already allocated your lab, proceed using the steps below to connect. If not, allocate your lab, and then proceed using the steps below.
- Click 'Allocate Lab', then 'Start Nodes', which will start the allocated labs.
- Connect to Windows VM
Note: A popup will appear. Click "Open Windows PowerShell" which will prevent that message from appearing each time you try to connect to computers within Lab Broker.
Follow the Remote Desktop (RDP) prompts:
- Click ‘Connect’
- Use the login credentials to access the Windows VM
- To transfer the file(s) from your Florida Cyber Hub Desktop to your Windows VM, locate the file(s), and right-click ‘Copy’
- Navigate to your Windows VM, and on the desktop right-click ‘Paste’
- Notice the Test.txt file has been successfully copied and pasted over to the Windows VM.
Click here for Linux file transfer from virtual machine to virtual desktop.
Click here for Linux file transfer from virtual desktop to virtual machine.
Click here for downloading/uploading files to and from PC.