- FCH Login Page
- Go to https://labs.floridacyberhub.org to connect to your FCH Virtual Lab Environment.
- At this login page, you will need to use your credentials provided to you in your 'Welcome to Florida CyberHub' email you should have received at the start of your course.
- Open Lab Broker
- Lab Broker can found in the Shortcut Panel, Favorites, and APPS tab.
- Notice that there are now two tabs open: Citrix Receiver and Lab Broker.
- In the Citrix Receiver tab, locate and click on 'APPS', and open the web browser of your choice.
- In the case that there are two open tabs (ex. Citrix Receiver and Lab Broker), you will find the browser of your choice within the Lab Broker tab. Oftentimes, this is why the initial launch of the browser causes the window to close out quickly.
- Go over to the Lab Broker tab.
- Notice that Google Chrome has opened up.
- You can view all the current tabs within the Lab Broker tab at the bottom of the page.
- This is the proper method of accessing the internet within your FCH Environment, allowing for downloading/uploading of file(s), surfing the web, etc.
Downloading a File from the Internet into Your FCH Virtual Lab Environment (Windows File Explorer)
- Once the web browser is open, navigate to the web site of your choice.
- Downloading .docx titled ThreatConnect Phase 1- Example.
- Locate the Windows File Explorer window within the Lab Broker tab; Click the refresh arrow in order to see the downloaded document.
- The downloaded file should appear under Downloads within the Windows File Explorer window (Desktop).
Note: If the file that you have downloaded is not appearing in the proper destination, you can refresh using the arrow or right-clicking and selecting 'Refresh'.
- Lab Broker Environment: If you've already allocated your lab, proceed using the steps below to connect. If not, allocate your lab, and then proceed using the steps below.
Click 'Allocate Lab', then 'Start Nodes', which will start the allocated labs.
- Follow your lab instructions regarding which machines to access for each lab assignment.
- To connect to an individual Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine), click the ‘Connect’ icon.
Follow the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) prompts:
- Click 'Open Windows PowerShell'.
- Click ‘Connect’.
- Use the login credentials to access the Windows Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine).
- User ID: admin
- Password: 123
- To transfer the file(s) from your FCH (Windows File Explorer) to your Windows Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine), locate the file(s), and right-click ‘Copy’.
- Navigate to your Windows Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine), and on the desktop right-click ‘Paste’.
- Notice the ThreatConnect Phase 1- Example file has been successfully copied and pasted over to the Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine) desktop.
Obtaining Lab Assistance for FCH Labs
Primary support for labs is available from a team of trained professionals. Support Engineers (SEs) will help with technical issues associated with the environment or with the virtual machine(s) created so you can perform your lab exercises.
Note: SEs are not instructors or teaching assistants. Therefore, course or project content-related issues, which require subject matter expertise, should be directed to the instructor.
You can visit https://help.floridacyberhub.org to access support videos, documents, and our helpdesk.
To obtain lab assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in the body of your email.
● Your Full Name
● Student ID
● Your User ID
● Preferred E-mail
● Your Course & Section Number
● Detailed description of the issue
● Machine Type (PC, tablet, mobile device)
● OS Type and Version
● Browser Type and Version
*** Provide any available information related to the issue that you are experiencing and attach screenshots, if applicable.
Once you send an e-mail, a ticket is created based on the information you provided. The next available Support Engineers (SE) will contact you to provide help within a 24-hour period. If needed, a video conference, screen sharing session, or phone call may be scheduled by the SE.
Click here for Linux file transfer from virtual machine to FCH (Windows File Explorer).
Click here for Linux - Access Internet, Download File, Transfer File to Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine).
Click here for downloading/uploading files to and from PC.