Go to https://labs.floridacyberhub.org to connect to your FCH Lab environment (virtual desktop).
Note: This link is also available within your project steps. Your lab environment and applications have already been allocated based on the course(s) you are currently enrolled in.
- If prompted, log in using your FCH student credentials.
There are 3 ways of opening Lab Broker:
- Open Lab Broker (in Favorites)
- Open Lab Broker (in Course Labs)
- Open Lab Broker (in APPS)
Lab Broker Environment:
If you've already allocated your lab, proceed using the steps below to connect. If not, allocate your lab, and then proceed using the steps below.
- Click 'Allocate Lab', then 'Start Nodes', which will start the allocated labs
- Notice the 'Connect' buttons are active, which means you are ready to connect to your Sandbox Client (virtual machine)
IMPORTANT: DESTROYING your Sandbox Client (virtual machine) is the same as ERASING your computer's hard drive and installing a new operating system. ALL DATA will be ERASED, and a new computer will be rebuilt when you ALLOCATE the lab again.
- Open Lab Broker
- Click on 'Nodes' and then click ‘Destroy’
- Read the pop-up message carefully, and type ‘DESTROY’ in the text box if you want to destory the lab. Then, click ‘OK’
- Please wait while lab nodes are being destroyed.
- Now, the Sandbox Client (virtual machine) is destroyed and ready to be allocated again.
- Follow the instructions above to allocate the lab and start nodes again.