- Overview of Lab Broker (Immersion) Features
If you’re accessing the lab for the first time, you will need to request that lab machines be set aside for your use. Clicking this button provides those resources to you.
Clicking this button starts allocated lab machines.
Using this option will destroy your currently allocated lab resources. You will not be able to retrieve any content from the lab once it has been destroyed.
Once your machines are available, click the connect option, which will link you to the new lab machine.
Use this button to start an individual lab machine. Once the machine is running, the connect option will become available.
The icon next to the IP address lets you copy the IP address, and paste it in applications or tools used to connect to that node.
- Credentials to Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine)
- User ID: admin
- Password: 123
- FCH Login Page
- Go to https://labs.floridacyberhub.org to connect to your FCH Virtual Lab Environment.
- At this login page, you will need to use your credentials provided to you in your 'Welcome to Florida CyberHub' email you should have received at the start of your course.
- Open Lab Broker
- Lab Broker can found in the Shortcut Panel, Favorites, and APPS tab.
- Features of Lab Broker (Immersion)
- When expanding the course, Lab Broker (Immersion) will show the following lab features below.
- When allocating the labs in the course, Lab Broker (Immersion) will show the following lab features below.
- Allocating and Destroying Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine)
- If you've already allocated your lab, proceed using the steps below to connect. If not, allocate your lab, and then proceed using the steps below.
- Click 'Allocate Lab', then 'Start Nodes', which will start the allocated labs.
- Notice the 'Connect' buttons are active, which means you are ready to connect to your Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine).
IMPORTANT: DESTROYING your Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine) is the same as ERASING your computer's hard drive and installing a new operating system. ALL DATA will be ERASED, and a new computer will be rebuilt when you ALLOCATE the lab again.
- Open Lab Broker.
- Click on 'Nodes' and then click 'Destroy'.
- Read the pop-up message carefully. Type 'DESTROY' in the text box to destroy the lab. Then, click ‘OK’.
- Please wait while lab nodes are being destroyed.
- The Sandbox Client (Virtual Machine) is destroyed and ready to be allocated again.
- Follow the instructions above to allocate the lab and start nodes again.
Obtaining Lab Assistance for FCH Labs
Primary support for labs is available from a team of trained professionals. Support Engineers (SEs) will help with technical issues associated with the environment or with the virtual machine(s) created so you can perform your lab exercises.
Note: SEs are not instructors or teaching assistants. Therefore, course or project content-related issues, which require subject matter expertise, should be directed to the instructor.
You can visit https://help.floridacyberhub.org to access support videos, documents, and our helpdesk.
To obtain lab assistance, email email@example.com with the following information in the body of your email.
● Your Full Name
● Student ID
● Your User ID
● Preferred E-mail
● Your Course & Section Number
● Detailed description of the issue
● Machine Type (PC, tablet, mobile device)
● OS Type and Version
● Browser Type and Version
*** Provide any available information related to the issue that you are experiencing and attach screenshots, if applicable.
Once you send an e-mail, a ticket is created based on the information you provided. The next available Support Engineers (SE) will contact you to provide help within a 24-hour period. If needed, a video conference, screen sharing session, or phone call may be scheduled by the SE.