The Sandbox is a set of virtual machines that your professor has configured with special tools that are used in your class. This environment is secure and dedicated to your use. Through using this tool, you will be able to easily find the courses you are enrolled in.
- To access Sandbox, double-click the Sandbox.
- Once you launch the Sandbox, you will see the courses you are enrolled in, select the course in the top left box, the lab in the top right box, and you will see the virtual machines your instructor made available to you in the bottom box.
- You can then click "Allocate" to provision your personal machines for use during the course. Now you are ready to use your Sandbox.
Definition of Buttons
- Allocate - When you need a fresh set of the machines, think of this as providing the defaults that your instructor has designed for you.
- Destroy - If you made a mistake or want to start from scratch, you can "Destroy" your existing Sandbox machine and re-allocate a new set. When you "Destroy" the environment, any work that you haven't saved on to your Classroom Virtual Desktop will be lost, be sure to transfer any files you need to keep.
- Start - After a student has allocated their environment, it stays with them until they destroy it. The start button is used to start the machines (think of this as power on) after they have been idle for a while.
Pro Tip: If you click on the "Info" button associated with each of your virtual machines you will be able to get more details about each machine, including IP address, platform (Windows or Unix), and running state (running or stopped). This information may be helpful if you have any questions you send to support.